POLICE issued an urgent warning for motorists to avoid Imperial World Samrong and Bangna intersection area today (Nov. 28) as People’s Party has announced on social media there will be a demonstration there from 4 p.m. onwards, Sanook.com reported.
Pol. Maj. Gen. Jirasan Keawsaengek, deputy head of the Metropolitan Police, urged the large number of people who usually use this heavily congested route to opt for other directions from 1 p.m. onwards until the rally ends.
Other routes that could be used are as follows:
– Sukhumvit road – Udomsuk road – Srinakarin road;
– Sukhumvit road – Thepharak road – Srinakarin road;
– Sukhumvit Soi 50 – Old Railway road – Pu Chao Samingprai intersection;
– Sukhumvit road (inbound side) – Sanphawut road;
– Sukhumvit road (inbound side) – Old Railway road – Sanphawut road – Sukhumvit road;
– Srinakarin road.
Traffic police will be on hand to help all road users with today’s traffic changes and they are urged to plan their trip in advance.
Those who need additional information may call the Traffic Control and Command Centre hotline 1197 all 24 hours a day, or get information via the M-Help Me application or on the website www.trafficpolice.co.th
Top: The yellow ducks held aloft at yesterday’s demonstration in Ladprao area. Thai headline says, “November 28 going to Bangna intersection.” Photo: Sanook.com