Local news

Again! Young man injured after shoe gets stuck in escalator


JUST weeks after after a female passenger’s left leg was severed till the knee upon being swallowed by a moving walkway at Don Mueang Airport a young man working for a convenience store located in a popular department store in Pathum Thani injured his right leg after his shoe got stuck in an escalator there, Naewna newspaper said this morning (Aug. 17).

At 8 a.m. the manager of this convenience store was informed of his employee being injured after his shoe got trapped by the escalator as he was going down to return home.

Reporters from this newspaper went to the scene of the accident where they saw a shoe stuck in the moving staircase while store staff were investigating and repairing it.

The manager revealed that as his worker descended the escalator his shoelace got caught in the escalator with the shoe then being yanked off leading to his right leg being injured.

He was taken to Phaet Rangsit Hospital where the doctors said he is in a safe condition. The department store said they will cover all his medical expenses.

On June 29, 2023 a female passenger travelling to Nakhon Si Thammarat was proceeding through Don Mueang Airport’s Southern Corridor between piers 4-5 in Terminal 2 when the moving walkway trapped her left leg and severed it till the knee.

On July 15, 2023 a man shopping at Nonthaburi’s biggest mall narrowly escaped injury after his slipper got stuck in an escalator there.


The shoe trapped in the escalator at a famous Pathum Thani shopping mall. Photo: Naewna

Also read: Yet again – shopper’s slipper gets stuck in store escalator

Not the first time – airport moving walkway devoured passenger’s sandal in 2019

Passenger’s leg severed by moving walkway at Don Mueang Airport

Austrian woman seriously injured after falling at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Indian smuggler nabbed at airport with cowhide, boar tusks

Thai woman caught smuggling cocaine at Phuket Airport

Plane returns to Phuket Airport after extra passenger found on board

4 workers injured after gas cylinder explodes at hotel


One Reply to “Again! Young man injured after shoe gets stuck in escalator

Leave a Reply