WHILE the total number of coronavirus cases over 24 hours to this morning (April 19) is still over a thousand reaching 1,390, the count is lower than the past five days.
The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) also said in its daily report at 11.30 a.m. that three more patients had died with all linked to pubs and this raised the toll to 104, Amarin TV said.
The new batch of cases takes the cumulative confirmed total to 43,742. Altogether 113 more patients have been cured, adding up to 28,683 who have been discharged from hospital so far, with 14,851 still hospitalised.
Of today’s 1,390 cases, 1,058 voluntarily went to the hospital for treatment while 326 were found through proactive search in communities.
Meanwhile six overseas arrivals were either hospitalised or quarantined.
Details of the three new fatalities linked to pubs in Bangkok and Hua Hin is as follows:
A 56-year-old Thai man who worked as a waiter at a Bangkok entertainment venue and suffered from hypertension and cerebrovascular disease was at his home in Buriram province when he fell sick.
– April 13: Started coughing but rested at home;
– April 17: Began feeling tired and had difficulty breathing so called for an ambulance. However his condition worsened at the hospital despite resurrection efforts by medical staff;
– April 18: Died at 00.31 a.m.
An 84-year-old woman who resided in Bangkok and who suffered from diabetes, hypertension, coronary artery stenosis and end-stage chronic kidney disease contracted coronavirus after touching her grandson who worked at an entertainment venue on Ratchadapisek road.
– April 8: Came down with fever, cough, asthma with X-ray showing severe pneumonia. Doctors considered placing her in a ventilator;
– April 10: Test result confirmed Covid infection;
– April 16: Hypotension set in and she later died.
A 61-year-old Thai woman who worked as a trader and also suffered from diabetes, hypertension and a thyroid problem fell sick in Prachuap Khiri Khan province.
– April 6: Had a meal with confirmed Covid patients at an entertainment venue in Hua Hin;
April 8: Went in for a Covid test after being informed a friend had contracted the disease;
April 11: Admitted to hospital;
April 18: Died after an infection in the bloodstream.
Top: Miniature men sitting on pills and a doctor talking to them. Photo: Jernej Furman (CC BY 2.0)
Home Page: Coronavirus patients. Photo: Mike Finn (CC BY 2.0)