Coronavirus

Woman severely burnt in alcohol sanitizer accident

A YOUNG Thai woman who lit a mosquito coil after spraying alcohol sanitizer all over her body upon returning home from work has been hospitalised with severe burns, Sanook.com said today (Feb. 6).

A Facebook page, entitle “Survive – Sai Mai Must Survive”, related the terrible accident that occurred to Ms. Wipaporn Yisunsri, 28, who is a resident of Bangkok Sai Mai district, with this having occurred on Jan. 29.

On that day when Wipaporn returned home from work at 7 p.m. she sprayed alcohol sanitizer all over her body before stepping in to prevent Covid-19 from spreading in her house as there are elderly people living there.

After that she went to light a mosquito coil and suddenly her body was engulfed in flames with the cause clearly being alcohol vapours having ignited. This led  to her suffering 60 percent burns.  

She is currently undergoing treatment at Thammasat Hospital. While she is covered by social security, her family has to pay an additional 5,000 baht a day to cover the cost of her medical treatment.

They are asking for donations which could be deposited to her Kasikorn Bank account number 035-3-26444-3 under the name Ms. Wipaporn Yisunsri.

Meanwhile the Public Health Ministry said this morning that there were 10,879 Covid cases and 20 deaths over the past 24 hours with this taking the cumulative confirmed total since Jan. 1 to 273,566 and since the start of the pandemic  2,497,001.

Today’s 20 fatalities raised the death toll to 22,291.

Another 8,285 patients were cured taking total recoveries since Jan. 1 to 215,179 with 91,037 still undergoing treatment.

CAPTION:

The severely burnt woman recovering in hospital. The Thai headline say, “Flames engulfed her whole body because she sprayed alcohol sanitizer then lit mosquito coil.” Photo: Sanook.com


Also read: Ministry says Covid stats are real not fake as daily total nears 10,000

 Recovered Covid patients who develop dementia urged to get help

Covid briefing reduced to twice a week but spike in Bangkok likely

House meetings to continue despite 12 MPs catching Covid

Restaurants now allowed to serve alcohol till 11 p.m.

Thai experts: Covid-19 endgame now in sight


 

4 Replies to “Woman severely burnt in alcohol sanitizer accident

Leave a Reply