THE Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) executive committee today (Jan. 20) extended drinking alcohol in restaurants at two zones from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. while also reducing orange zone provinces from 69 to 44, Sanook.com said.
Dr. Taweesin Witsanuyothin, CCSA’s spokesman, said only restaurants in blue tourism pilot scheme and yellow high surveillance zones may serve alcohol to guests, altogether 33 provinces.
These restaurants must also have obtained Safety & Health Administration Plus (SHA+) and Thai Stop COVID 2 Plus certificates to do so.
1) Dark red highest and strict control zone – no provinces;
2) Red highest control zone – no province:
3) Orange control zone – 44 provinces, namely Kalasin, Khon Kaen, Chanthaburi, Chachoengsao, Chumphon, Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, Trang, Trat, Tak, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Pathom, Nakhon Ratchasima, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Nan, Buriram, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Prachin Buri, Ayutthaya, Phrayao, Phatthalung, Phetchaburi, Mahasarakham, Mukdahan, Mae Hong Son, Yasothon, Roi Et, Ranong, Rayong, Ratchaburi, Lopburi, Sisaket, Songkhla, Satun, Samut Prakan, Samut Songkhram, Samut Sakhon, Sa Kaeo, Saraburi, Surat Thani, Surin, Nong Khai, Udon Thani and Ubon Ratchathani;
4) Yellow high surveillance zone now has 25 provinces, namely Kamphaeng Phet, Chainat, Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Phanom, Nakhon Sawan, Narathiwat, Bueng Kan, Pattani, Phichit, Phitsanulok, Phetchabun, Phrae, Yala, Lampang, Lamphun, Loei, Sakon Nakhon, Sing Buri, Sukhothai, Suphan Buri, Nong Bua Lamphu, Ang Thong, Amnart Charoen, Uttaradit and Uthai Thani;
5) Green surveillance zone – no provines;
6) Blue tourism pilot scheme zone remains unchanged with its eight provinces being Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Krabi, Chonburi, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Phang Nga and Phuket as well as some areas in other provinces.
Meanwhile the Public Health Ministry said this morning that there were 8,129 Covid cases and 19 deaths over the past 24 hours taking the cumulative confirmed totals since Jan. 1, 2022 to 129,627 and since the start of the pandemic 2,353,062.
Today’s 19 fatalities raised the death toll to 21,987.
Another 6,978 patients were cured taking total recoveries since Jan. 1, 2022 to 79,847 with 82,734 patients still undergoing treatment.
Top: Isaan music being played at this Bangkok pub. Photo: Neajjean (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Home Page: An inviting pub. Photo: Ed Schipul (CC BY 2.0)