NATIONAL Police Chief Pol. Gen. Suwat Jangyodsuk said last evening (Feb. 10) that police have the names of two foreign suspects who gunned down an Indian-Canadian gangster in front of a luxury Phuket villa last Friday but they have already fled the country, Thai Rath newspaper said.
Police are expediting the issuance of arrest warrants to coordinate with Interpol in tracking down of the two suspects who ambushed and killed Mr. Jimi “Slice” Sandhu, a Canadian-Indian who had been deported but was using a Canadian passport under the name Mr. Mandeep Singh, at around 10.30 p.m. on Friday Feb. 4 in front of his luxury villa on Rawai beach.
Investigation reveals that the two gunmen left the country between Feb. 6-7.
At a meeting yesterday also attended by Deputy National Police Chief Pol. Gen. Suchart Teerasawad and Pol. Lt. Gen. Amphon Buarabporn, head of Provincial Police Region 8, investigators mentioned that they had systematically collected evidence according to forensic principles, check surveillance camera clips on the escape route and interviewed several witnesses.
Search was conducted in both Phuket and nearby areas through all relevant channels.
Two pistols used by the assassins were found in the sea about a hundred metres from the scene of the crime. One of them belongs to a policeman in the north and both are legally registered. The current owners of the pistols are being interrogated to find out whether they were involved in the killing or not.
Police also found out that one of the two pistols had been mortgaged with a military officer.
Top: Police searching for and then finding the two pistols in the sea near the villa. Photo: Matichon
Below: The two gunmen caught on surveillance camera running down the beach near the villa where the murder took place. Photo: Amarin TV
Home Page: Jimi Sandhu at age 24. Photo: Vancouver Sun