POLICE asked Bangkok motorists to avoid the area around Crown Property Bureau tomorrow, Wednesday Nov. 25, from 4 p.m. onwards as demonstrators have announced that they will be holding a rally there, Thai Rath newspaper reported.
Pol Maj. Gen. Jirasan Keawsaengek, deputy head of the Metropolitan Police, and Pol. Maj. Gen. Theeraphong Wongratpitak, head of Traffic Police, urged motorists to work out other routes to avoid this area until the rally ends.
The recommended routes in all four directions are as follows:
1. The northern side:
– Sukhothai road – Krung Thon Buri bridge (Sang Hi);
– Nakhon Chai Si road;
– Setthasiri road – Amnuay Songkram road
2. On the eastern side:
– Rama 6 road;
– Kamphaeng Phet 5 road;
– Si Rat expressway.
3. On the southern side:
– Lan Luang road – Ratchadamnoen Klang road – Somdej Phra Pinklao bridge;
– Lan Luang road – Chakkraphat Phong road – Wisut Kasat road – Rama 8 bridge;
– Bamrung Muang road – Rama 1 road.
4. On the western side:
– Charansanitwong road;
– Borommaratchachonnani road;
– Arun Amarin road.
Directions for those travelling by expressway:
– The point of traffic closure (Yommarat expressway):
– Get off Rama 6 expressway – Rama 6 road – turn right at water filter plant intersection – Nakhon Chai Si road – Sukhothai road – Sang Hi bridge;
– Get off at Charu Mueang expressway – Rama IV road – Yaowarat road – turn left at Chakkrawat road – Phra Pok Klao bridge;
– Get off at Charu Mueang expressway – Rama IV road – Yaowarat road – turn right at Chakkrawat road – Lan Luang intersection – go straight to Rama 8 bridge or turn left to Somdej Phra Pinklao bridge.
Traffic police will be on hand to facilitate the traffic flow so that the people are least affected by this disruption. Those who need additional directions should call the Traffic Control and Command Centre hotline 1197 all 24 hours.
Top: A big demonstration held recently. Photo: Thai Rath