TWO men suspected to have fired shots outside a Royal City Avenue club last Sunday night leading to eight Songkran revellers being injured were denied bail by the Criminal Court today (Apr. 18) while maintaining they were not the gunmen, Amarin TV said.
Makkasan police station investigators took Mr. Natthanon Kerdpuet, 41, and Mr. Natthaphon Sopasak, 19, to the Criminal Court on Ratchadapisek road to apply for the first 12-day detention on the charges of assaulting others and violating the Firearms Act. They objected to bail being granted because these offences carry stiff penalties.
Reporters got a chance to question them just as they were being taken to the paddy wagon. Both denied being the gunmen while also saying they did not know who fired the shots at the ground outside the club leading to bullets hitting four revellers while four others were injured while fleeing.
They did not answer when asked why they carried firearms to an entertainment venue but mentioned that they had not arranged to meet anyone to clear a problem.
Asked whether they wanted to apologise to the injured revellers, they again said they did not commit this crime.
The two suspects being taken to court. Photo: Amarin TV
Also read: 8 injured in shooting at RCA clubbing zone
Electoral candidates allowed to attend Songkran events, give speeches
Six simultaneous attacks in Far South
Bike taxi rider threatens foreign tourists in Pattaya
Over 900 international chartered flights so far this year