JUST hours after the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) had announced it is allowing five types of establishments to reopen again from tomorrow (June 1) the Centre of Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) stepped in and postponed the relaxation by another 14 days, Sanook.com said this evening.
BMA’s Public Relations Office said CCSA ordered that a notice be issued stating all risky businesses and activities detailed in Announcement Number 29 will remain closed for another 14 days from June 1 onwards.
This morning BMA had lifted Covid control at the following venues from tomorrow:
– Museums including local ones, learning centres with this covering science learning centres and parks, historic and archaeological sites and art galleries.
– Tattoo parlours, skin piercing centres and nail salons.
– Weight management clinics, beauty clinics, beauty salons and beauty medical clinics.
– Health centres such as spas, health and beauty massage parlours as well as Thai massage parlours, but the latter forbidden from offering body and herbal steaming and facial massage services, as well as foot massage centres.
– Parks, botanical and flower gardens.
Bangkok at night. Photo: Luigi Rosa (CC BY-SA 2.0)