THE Bangkok Metropolitan Authority (BMA) today (May 31) allowed five categories of establishments to reopen again from tomorrow and among them are museums, tattoo parlours, beauty clinics and botanical gardens, Sanook.com said.
In its announcement of easing coronavirus control BMA said that the outbreak in the capital is currently clustered at workers camps, markets and some communities and they are being controlled with the situation remaining stable.
No infection at all has been found at some businesses and for that reason the BMA team agreed at this morning’s meeting to relax control at some places from tomorrow (June 1) onwards to alleviate the suffering of the business sector.
The establishments where control is being lifted are as follows:
– Museums including local ones, learning centres with this covering science learning centres and parks, historic and archaeological sites and art galleries. These will be opened with strict measures in place such as prohibition of entry by large groups.
– Tattoo parlours, skin piercing centres and nail salons. These too are being opened under strict control with the establishment to be closed for 14 days if infection is found.
– Weight management clinics, beauty clinics, beauty salons and beauty medical clinics.
– Health centres such as spas, health and beauty massage parlours as well as Thai massage parlours, but the latter are forbidden from offering body and herbal steaming and facial massage services, as well as foot massage centres.
– Parks, botanical and flower gardens. These too are being opened under strict guidelines with groups not allowed in and food and all drinks except water forbidden.
Other establishments ordered temporarily closed will remain shut till June 14.
Meanwhile the Public Health Ministry said this morning that there were 5,485 Covid cases in the last 24 hours and 19 additional fatalities with the death toll now climbing to 1,031.
Of today’s batch of new cases, 3,532 were among the general public and 1,953 in prisons and detention centres while 57 overseas arrivals were placed in state quarantine.
The cumulative confirmed total since the start of the pandemic has now reached 159,792 while the total in the current wave that started on April 1 has soared to 130,929.
Top: A massage room at a spa. Photo: Smalljude (CC BY 2.0)
Home Page: A sign at a Thai and foot massage shop in Bangkok. Photo: Twentyfour Students (CC BY-SA 2.0)