PRIME Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha today (June 12) approved the lifting of the 11 p.m. to 3 .m. curfew from Monday June 15 onward, Naewna newspaper reported.
However the full meeting of Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) which Gen Prayut presided over decided to forbid travel into Thailand by land, sea or air for the time being because most of the new Covid-19 cases are now emerging from people returning from overseas.
Despite this people may travel freely within the country.
Dr Taweesilp Visanuyothin, CCSA’s spokesman, told the Press that there were four more coronavirus cases over the past 24 taking the total to 3,129, Sanook.com reported.
He also revealed details of the phase 4 relaxing of Covid-19 measures as follows:
- Waiver of the use of the buildings, that is international schools and tutorial centres would now be allowed to reopen as well schools with not more than 120 students. Training and seminars for government agencies would also be allowed to resume with social distancing in place.
- Economic and lifestyle activities :
- Holding meetings, training sessions, seminars, exhibitions, banquets, music concerts allowed. However social distancing for meetings, training sessions and seminars is four metres a person, banquets and events one metre a person and music concert five metres a person.
- Drinking alcohol allowed in restaurants, garden restaurants, food courts and hotels but not at entertainment centres such as bars, karaoke lounges and beer halls.
- Child care centres and elderly care facility can reopen in phase four but parents may only use them at daycare level, dropping off their children in the morning and picking them up in the evening. These centres have to ensure two-metre social distancing and the teachers and caretakers have to follow Public Health Ministry measures.
- Science education centres such as planetariums but supervision needed as they are popular with children.
- Filming allowed but not more than 150 at the set and not more than 50 spectators.
3.Physical activity, health care and recreation:
- Spa, herbal and steam bath allowed to reopen but not massage parlours.
- Playground, pools, water parks, public swimming pools may reopen but training, supervision and advice required. Ball pits for children at shopping centres to remain closed.
- Outdoor stadiums, martial arts schools, gyms, and almost any type of exercise facility allowed reopen. If there is a match, no spectators are permitted to watch and no other promotional activities allowed.
- Public parks and exercise areas may reopen.
- Coin operated game machine in shopping malls, theaters and theme parks may reopen but not game shops.
Top: Curfew in Bangkok, the photographer said she has never seen Sathorn road so clear. Photo: Maythee Anegboonlap (CC BY-SA 2.0)
This report has been updated to clarify that international schools, tutorial centres and schools with not more than 120 students would be allowed to reopen under phase 4 easing of the Covid-19 measures.