A THAI man arrested on the charges of killing five of his own children has been found to be mentally competent by a psychiatrist who examined him today (Sep. 21) despite his complaining that he has been hallucinating, Matichon newspaper said.
A Bang Khen police station team took Mr. Songsak Songsaeng, 46, to Somdet Chao Phraya Institute of Psychiatry for a mental examination because he has previously undergone psychiatric treatment and has complained of hearing things and hallucinating.
However a psychiatrist at this institute who examined Songsak said as he is able to talk and interact normally and does not appear to be hallucinating nor hearing things all this indicated that he is normal.
Meanwhile Pol. Maj. Gen. Noppasin Poolsawat, deputy chief of Metropolitan Police, said the suspect has confessed to beating his two-year-old daughter, Nong Model, to death because her crying annoyed him. Her body was buried under concrete at her mother’s parental home in Kamphaengphet province, TV Channel 7 said.
However the suspect only confessed to beating three of them to death saying the other two died of illness.
Meanwhile his ex-wife Ms. Jesada told police she was not able to intervene because she feared her ex-husband would assault her.
Pol. Maj. Gen. Noppasin said overall her testimony was useful for the case and as yet no charges have been filed against her because she is still being interrogated.
Police are now in the process of getting DNA tests done to determine the paternity and maternity of the dead children.
Songsak had four wives with details being as follows:
1) Mrs. Sirian, first wife and resident of Trang province. They have one child who is being raised there. She is being brought to Bangkok for questioning, according to Thai Rath,
2) Ms. Jesada, second wife and resident of Chumphon province, no charges have been filed against her but she is being investigated for possible link to the murder of four sons with a 12-year-old daughter remaining alive;
3) Ms. Sarinya, third wife from Trang province, they have one child together who is being raised there;
4) Ms.Sunan, fourth wife from Kamphaeng Phet province, three charges have been filed against her. They had three children together. Two-year-old girl Nong Model was beaten to death and her body buried under concrete at her mother’s house in Kamphaengphet where two other girls, one six years old and the other four, are being raised by her relatives and getting help for a charity.
Details of the four boys who died (Ms Jesada’s children):
1) Boy A was born in Dec. 2012 and was around 10 months old when he died at an apartment in Soi Phahonyothin 69. They went in a van and dumped the body behind Chatuchak Park.
2) Boy B was born in Oct. 2014 and was a month old when he died in an apartment in Soi Phahonyothin 71. They took his body in a van and dumped it behind Chatuchak Park
3) Boy C was born in March 2016 and was approximately two months old when he died in a building between Phahonyothin Soi 50 and Intersection 11. His body was taken on a motorcycle and abandoned in a deserted area off Phahonyothin road;
4) Boy D was born in Jan. 2018 and was less than a month old when he died in the same building between Phahonyothin Soi 50 and Intersection 11 with his body too taken on a motorcycle and abandoned in a deserted area off Phahonyothin road.
Top: The suspect being taken for psychiatric examination today. Photo: Matichon
First insert: Ms.Sunan’s mother’s house in Kamphaengphet were Nong Model was buried under concrete. Photo: Thai Rath
Front Page: Reporters questioning the suspect. Photo: Thai Rath