Coronavirus

Chiang Mai puts off Covid jab amid 2,817 new cases

CHIANG MAI’S public and private hospitals today (June 5) indefinitely postponed Covid-19 vaccination appointments after receiving insufficient supply of the vaccines with this not being enough for all those who had registered, TV Channel 7 said.

This northern province’s residents were told if additional vaccines was allocated the hospitals would immediately inform them. They were told to follow the news on this issue on the webpage or website of the hospital they had registered with.

However, yesterday Chiang Mai Governor Mr. Charoenrit Sanguansat and officials of related agencies confirmed that preparation had been made to vaccinate people over 60 years of age and those in seven risk groups who had earlier registered on the Mor Phrom app this month.

He added that more vaccination points were being arranged in addition to hospitals that had joined the programme while also confirming everyone would definitely get the jab.

Meanwhile the Public Health Ministry said this morning that there were 2,817 new cases in the last 24 hours with 2,502 being among the general public and 315 in prisons and detention centres.

There were 36 additional fatalities taking the overall death toll to 1,213.

The new batch of cases raised the  cumulative confirmed total since the start of the pandemic to 174,796 and in the current wave that began in April 145,933.

Another 3,396 patients have been cured taking total recoveries since the start of the pandemic to 124,093 and in the current wave 96,667.

CAPTIONS:

Top: Chiang Mai walking street. Photo: Serra Boten (CC BY 2.0)

Home Page: Chiang Mai city park. Photo: Children’s Organisation of Southeast Asia (CC BY-SA 2.0)

Leave a Reply