THOSE who visited some pubs that a 44-year-old Bangkok man who died of Covid-19 on New Year’s Eve are urged to contact the health authorities as soon as possible, Thai Rath newspaper reported this afternoon (Jan. 3).
Pol. Capt. Pongsakorn Kwanmuang, a spokesman for the Bangkok Metropolitan Authority (BMA), said in a Facebook post that those who did have contact with the deceased man, who worked as a freelancer and lived in Sathorn area, should immediately call Bangkok Health Office Hotline at 0-2203-2393 or 0-2203-2396.
The timeline of his activities before passing away is as follows:
– Dec. 13, 2020: Went to Groove Evening pub with six friends;
– Dec. 22, 2020: Went to Groove Evening again with four friends;
– Dec. 25, 2020: Went to New Jazz pub opposite The Mall Thapra, and The Sun pub on Boromarajonani road with three friends;
– Dec. 26-27 2020: Had fever, runny nose and cough;
– Dec. 28, 2020: Again went to Groove Evening with six friends;
– Dec. 30, 2020: Went to the Charoenkrung Hospital, temperature was 38.3 degrees Celsius and oxygen level in the blood 80%;
– Dec. 31, 20: Condition worsened, transferred to Chulalongkorn Hospital with the Health Bureau being notified of his death at 2.19 p.m.
BMA proactively searched for people who had contact with this spreader on January 1-2 and of the 270 high-risk individuals tested, 12 were found to be infected.
Details are as follows:
– New Jazz pub 120 employees, 20 underwent Swab test, nine infected;
– Seven family members who all had Swab test with one of them being infected;
– Twelve people at the Roof bar who had contact with the infected family member who works there are being tested;
– A total of 35 employees at Groove Evening pub are being tested;
– Five people who shared a table at Groove Evening tested, two infected;
– Sun pub’s a hundred employees are being tested.
Top: A table at a Bangkok pub. Photo: Thai Rath