POLICE are out in full force today (May 12) to facilitate the traffic flow in Bangkok and its vicinity as eight parties are holding big campaign rallies from afternoon onwards as the country gears up for general election on Sunday (May 14), Naewna newspaper said.
Pol. Lt. Gen. Nithithorn Jintakanon, spokesman of the Centre for Election Management, said National Police Chief Pol. Gen. Damrongsak Kittipraphat and Deputy National Police Chief Pol. Gen. Roy Inkhapairoj had ordered the centre to implement measures to control the traffic nationwide.
With as many as eight parties holding large campaign rallies from this afternoon till evening, police are on their toes to manage the traffic flow as people flock to attend them while ensuring the least impact on other road users.
People were urged to plan their trips in advance to avoid traffic snarl-ups.
The sites of the eight campaign rallies are as follows:
– Palang Pracharat Party at Sports Building 2, Thai-Japanese Stadium, Din Daeng district, from 2 p.m.;
– Bhumjaithai Party at Show DC department store, Rama 9 road, Huai Khwang district, from 3.30 p.m.;
– Ruam Thai Sang Chart Party at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre, Khlong Toei district, from 4 p.m.;
– Democrat Party at City Hall square, Phra Nakhon district, from 5 p.m.;
– Pheu Thai Party at Impact Arena, Muang Thong Thani, Nonthaburi province, from 5.30 p.m.;
– Move Forward Party at Sports Building 1, Thai-Japanese Stadium, Din Daeng district, from 6 p.m.;
– Chart Pattana Kla Party at Rama Gardens Hotel, Vibhavadi Rangsit road, Lak Si district from 6 p.m.;
– Thai Sang Thai Party at Parc Paragon, Pathum Wan district, Bangkok from 6 p.m.
Meanwhile, the Meteorological Department warned today that as a result of Cyclone Mocha causing continuous rain with some heavy showers nationwide, including Bangkok and its vicinity, from today till Monday May 15, traffic conditions could worsen with people advised plan their trips accordingly and allow for extra travel time.
Pol. Lt. Gen. Nithithorn said the public can inquire about traffic conditions and ask for directions by calling the hotline 1197 or follow “1197 Traffic Hotline” news on Facebook and Twitter.
Top and Front Page: A map of Bangkok showing eight campaign rallies being held from afternoon till evening today, May 12, 2023.
Insert: National Police Chief Pol. Gen. Damrongsak Kittipraphat. Both photos: Naewna
Also read: Chuwit elated as court dismisses Bhumjaithai’s protection petition
20.88 million Gen Xers largest generation of voters
TPBS confirms iTV Plc, subsidiary have shut dow
Pita explains media shares were inherited
At last, Thaksin says he is coming back within July
Election Commission told to halt online smearing campaign against Pheu Thai
Nearly 200,000 voters did not show up in advance polling
Over a million people sign petition to remove polling agency
Complaints filed on vote buying during advance voting
3 Replies to “Traffic warning as 8 parties hold campaign rallies in Bangkok this afternoon”