Local news

Loy Krathong firework rocket severs policeman’s fingers


A POLICEMAN celebrating Loy Krathong festival with his girlfriend last night (Nov. 19) was left with only his little finger on his left hand after a firecracker he was lighting suddenly exploded, Sanook.com said today.

The explosion occurred at Mae Sot Reservoir in Tak province with the unidentified policeman, around 28 to 30 years old and based at a station in the western part of this province, bleeding profusely after a firework rocket he used his lighter to light suddenly exploded and tore off three fingers and the thumb in front of his girlfriend and other friends.

Police quickly rushed the badly injured man to Mae Sot Hospital and collected evidence of the firecracker residue from two to three pools of blood near the point of explosion.

Police said Mae Sot residents had complained that setting off fireworks on Loy Krathong night is both dangerous and a nuisance and to stop revellers from doing so but they could only ask for their cooperation to desist from this activity.


Top: A pool of blood at the scene of the explosion that tore off a policeman’s fingers and thumb. 

Home Page: Even small firecrackers can be dangerous. Photos: Sanook.com


2 Replies to “Loy Krathong firework rocket severs policeman’s fingers

Leave a Reply