FRIENDS of the Free Guards member who was said to have been kidnapped late last night (Jan. 16) after the group ended their protest at Samyan intersection earlier in the day has been released and is now safe with details of this event to be released later, Thai Rath newspaper reported.
At 1.05 p.m. today Mr. Pomphun Panphangkaew, one of the Free Guards, said in front of Phaya Thai police station that Mr. Mongkol Santimethakul, or Yale, who was kidnapped at 11 p.m. last night by a group who said they were from Internal Security Operations Command (ISOC) had been released and is safe, but so far he had only spoken to him over the phone.
However, details of this case or any possible legal action could only be mentioned after consulting a lawyer. Yale has to first clarify himself with police in Bang Pu district, Samut Prakan province, with a re-enactment of the events also to take place in front of the media.
Reporters at this police station said after the Free Guards group found out that Yale was safe, they enacted a scene whereby a black garbage bag was placed over the head of one of them and he was then bundled into a car.
The reporters were shocked and quickly took photos but were told that this was only a simulation of the kidnapping.
Top: Yale now safe after being released by his kidnappers. Photo: Thai Rath
One Reply to “Kidnapped protest guard safe after being released”