ADAPTING to the reality of new normal triggered the Covid-19 pandemic is Siam Piwat Company which has just launched Ecotopia on the third floor of Siam Discovery – The Exploratorium and claims it is the first and the biggest eco-lifestyle destination in Asia.
This new addition followed the realization that coronavirus has heightened awareness of sustainable living, prompting people across the world to change their behaviour, become more health-conscious, and minimize their environmental impact.
Going all out to offer the best eco-shopping Siam Piwat, which also operates Siam Paragon, Siam Center, and is a joint venture partner of Iconsiam, roped 12 leading ‘eco co-creators’ who are bona fide of green living as well as the young generation to bring this new retail model to life.
Under the main slogan “Together, We Co-Create a Better World,” the company aims to create an eco-community by introducing green lifestyles that can improve quality of life for all people.
The 2,000-square-metre arena at Siam Discovery – The Exploratorium houses over 300 brands of eco-friendly and health-oriented products.
It is divided in eight major zones with these being as follows:
– Hygienic Zone featuring a variety of household products, including cleaning products made from natural ingredients or biodegradable materials;
– Zero Waste Zone, a refillery where customers can bring their own containers to refill their everyday products and food items to reduce waste;
– Green Zone, the largest hub for air-purifying plants and gardening equipment in downtown Bangkok;
– Healthy Zone, offers healthy food made from carefully-sourced, natural, organic, and chemical-free ingredients;
– Beautiful Zone features a diverse selection of organic skincare and personal care products, all made from natural extracts, chemical-free ingredients and not tested on animals;
– Up-cycled Zone showcases products imbued with renewed value through recycling;
– Stylish Zone, consists of a fashion section featuring items made from organic cotton and fabric scraps and a clothing swap corner where previously owned clothes can be exchanged for new garments;
– Kind Zone highlights local handicrafts from natural materials that help generate incomes for local communities. Each zone has been designed in such a way that enables everyone to cordially take part in co-creating a better world.
Furthermore, Ecotopia delivers eco-innovative shopping experience through iPad-enabled storytelling that allows visitors to learn more about the green products and QR codes that afford a convenient, cashierless shopping experience.
The new arena will also be regularly organizing a wide array of eco-friendly workshops, where, for instance, participants can learn how to transform waste into creative art, make beverages from natural ingredients, use natural dyes made with local ingredients, and do organic gardening.
The swanky yet very green Ecotopia.