THREE TOUR boats moored for servicing at a pier in Samut Prakan province were destroyed in a fire that erupted from a faulty electric battery fitted on one of them while one other is partially damaged, TV Channel 7 and FM91 Radio said today (Feb. 21).
There were no injuries in the fire that erupted at 7.20 a.m. this morning and was fully extinguished by 8:30 a.m. The value of the gutted boats and the one damaged is still to be worked out.
Staff in charge said one of the tour boat’s electric batteries had exploded and the fire then quickly spread to the nearby boats moored at this pier.
Tour boats ablaze at a Samut Prakan pier this morning, Feb. 21, 2023. Photos: FM91 Radio
Also read: Capsized pirate-themed pleasure boat will soon be refloated
Big hunt for 30 crewmembers of sunk warship continues
One Reply to “Tour boats moored at Samut Prakan pier catch fire”