STATISTICS released by the Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation today (Oct. 3) shows that as of yesterday 54,581,395 doses of vaccines had been administered in Thailand with 59.02% of the population being jabbed across all 77 provinces, Siam Rath newspaper said.
Of this total 32,815,130 doses were given as the first jab (49.6% of the population); 20,355,829 doses the second jab (30.8% of the population); and 1,400,436 doses the third jab (2.1% of the population).
Altogether 79.9% of the people living in Bangkok and its neighbouring provinces have got their first jab, 45.5% their second jab and 3.3% their third.
Provincial breakdown is as follows:
– Bangkok: 100.3% first jab, 51.9% second jab and 4.2.% third jab;
– Pathum Thani: 63.5% first jab, 42.2% second jab, and 1.5% third jab;
– Samut Prakan: 66.4% first jab, 40% second jab, and 1.8% third jab;
– Samut Sakhon: 62.4% first jab, 41.3% second jab, and 3.5% third jab;
– Nonthaburi: 51.1% first jab, 39.3% second jab, and 3.6% third jab;
– Nakhon Pathom: 41.3% first jab, 27.8% second jab, and 1.9% third jab.
A breakdown of the vaccine types is as follows:
– 1st jab, 16,556,488 doses;
– 2nd jab, 3,508,727 doses;
– 3rd jab, 0 doses.
– 1st jab, 10,388,920 doses;
– 2nd jab, 13,152,828 doses;
– 3rd jab, 926,263 doses.
– 1st jab, 5,445,252 doses;
– 2nd jab, 3,184,103 doses;
– 3rd jab, 0 doses.
– 1st jab, 424,470 doses;
– 2nd jab, 510,171 doses;
– 3rd jab, 484,173 doses.
Earlier the Public Health Ministry said there were 10,828 Covid cases and 77 deaths in the 24 hours to this morning with total daily fatalities being below a hundred for the second day in a row and the death toll having now risen to 17,014.
Of the new batch of patients 10,814 were infected domestically with 104 doing so in prisons and detention centres while 14 overseas arrivals tested positive.
Another 11,894 patients were cured taking total recoveries to 1,508,167 while 112,251 are still undergoing treatment with 38,664 being in hospitals and 73,587 in field hospitals and other facilities. Among them 3,074 are in severe condition with 712 requiring ventilators.
Top: Benjakiti Park at night. Photo: Kizamaya (CC BY 2.0)
Home Page: Downtown Bangkok at night. Photo: Evo Flash (CC BY 2.0)