Coronavirus

Ministry: Work from home to continue for another month

 

THE Public Health Ministry said although that the daily Covid count has started dropping, with today’s (Aug. 29) tally being 16,536, and some control measures are being relaxed on Sept. 1, people will still have to continue working from home for another month to see how the situation pans out after which further relaxation will be considered, Siam Rath newspaper 

Dr. Opas Karnkawinpong, head of the ministry’s Disease Control Department, emphasised that people must still continue with maximum self-protection.

He also revealed that the subcommittee on administration of Covid-19 vaccination has resolved to start giving approximately 3 million people their third jab from late September-October onwards. 

However the vaccine they would get depends on what would be available at that time.

The ministry had earlier said that aside from today’s 16,536 new cases there were 264 fatalities.

Of the new batch of cases 16,208 were among the general public and 328 in prisons and detention centres.

The cumulative confirmed total in the current wave that began in April has reached 1,145,228 and since the start of the pandemic 1,174,091.

Today’s 264 fatalities raised the death toll to 11,143.

Another 20,927 patients were cured taking total recoveries in the ongoing wave to 957,820 while 177,702 patients are still undergoing treatment.

CAPTIONS:

Top: The photographer’s pet cat helping him work from home. Photo: Miltof (CC BY 2.0)

Home Page: Dr. Opas. Photo: Siam Rath


Read earlier reports: Celebrity medical technician picks holes in restaurant reopening plan

Move to reopen restaurants with strict safety steps in place


 

Leave a Reply