THE majority of Thai people do not want foreign tourists to return to their country as revealed in an online opinion survey conducted by Suan Dusit Poll with 1,116 people questioned during June 9-12, PostToday reported this morning (14.6.2020).
The poll was held to gauge the people’s reaction to the government’s move to revive tourism after easing the Covid-19 lockdown
Results of this opinion survey are as follows:
Do Thais want foreign tourists to return to their country?
- .Do not want them to return but encourage Thai people to travel in their own country – 54.39%.
- Want them to return to spur the economy and generate income for the country – 24.28%.
- Do not want them to return because of fear that they will spread Covid-19 – 21.33%
The five provinces that people wants to travel to the most after the easing of the lockdown.
- Chiang Mai – 31.00%.
- Prachuab Khiri Khan – 28.14%.
- Bangkok – 19.35%.
- Chonburi – 18.55%.
- Kanchanaburi – 11.92%.
How do people think that they should travel to be safe from Covid-19?
- Control and limit the number of tourists to suit the size of each destination – 83.29%.
- Choose a place where there is cleaning, spraying of disinfectants before and after every service – 82.84%.
- Screening and taking the temperature of tourists – 78.50%.
- Staff and drivers wear masks all the time when on duty – 74.07%.
- Arrange alcohol sanitizers for tourists – 72.09%
- Social distancing – 69.56%.
- Travel alone or in small groups – 53.84%.
How long do Thais think it would take for tourism will revive again?
- Within a year – 41.40%.
- Within six months – 25.90%.
- In two years – 20.52%.
- More and two years -12.18%.
Top: Doi Tao lake, Chiang Mai, is located approximately 133 kilometres from Chiang Mai town along the Chiang Mai-Hot-Doi Tao route.