THE Public Health Ministry’s senior official came out today (May 31) to say that beauty clinic business and activities reopening tomorrow under phase 3 easing of the Covid-19 lockdown include facial treatments such as Botox and dermal filler injections, Naewna newspaper reported.
Dr Arkom Praditsuwan, deputy director-general of the Department of Health Service Support, said this is good news for people who are beauty conscious but those planning to undergo such treatments must first assess whether they are physically strong enough and not at risk for the procedures.
Once there they have to comply with the rules of the establishment such as the initial screening. However steaming service, such as sauna, is still forbidden because of their communal use.
“Beautifying the face, such as injecting Botox and fillers, can be done at aesthetic medical clinics which are required to self-assess and follow the government’s measures such as wearing face masks, having alcohol sanitizer for use and leaving social distance.
“Each session should not be more than an hour and there has to be additional specific measures with the service having to be specific and clean,” Dr. Arkom said.
According to Healthline.com the popularity of Botox is on the rise among men even though women still dominate the market for cosmetic procedures.
Botox and other botulinum toxin injections like Dysport and Xeomin are some of the most popular anti-aging methods for men.
Some factors that may be contributing to the increased popularity of Botox among men include:
- Workplace competitiveness. Many men report being motivated to get Botox to maintain their competitiveness against their younger co-workers. Many people feel that keeping a youthful appearance helps them fight against ageism in the workplace.
- Social media. The rise of social media and online dating apps may also be a motivating factor for some men who want to look their best for their online profiles.
- Encouragement from significant other. Some men may be motivated to get cosmetic procedures for their significant other.
The most common places men get Botox is:
- In the corners of the eyes to prevent crow’s feet.
- Between the eyebrows to target frown lines.
- In the forehead to reduce creases.
- Around the mouth to target laugh lines.
Top: Botox injection at FIBO 2019 in Cologne, Germany. Photo: Falco Ermert (CC BY 2.0)