THE Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) this afternoon (July 21) closed 10 more businesses with this being in addition to 23 other categories already shut down in an effort to rein in the coronavirus outbreak, Siam Rath newspaper said.
The 10 newly closed business are as follows:
– 1. All types of sports fields;
– 2. Swimming pools;
– 3. Sports stadiums and arenas;
– 4. Exhibition and convention centres;
– 5. Learning centres;
– 6. Public libraries;
– 7. Museums, historical sites or archaeological sites;
– 8. Child development and preschool centres;
– 9. Beauty salons, barber shops and tattoo parlours inside and outside malls;
– 10. Public parks and botanical gardens.
Dr. Apisamai Srirangsan, CCSA’s assistant spokesperson, emphasised that the highest level of control is currently in effect within the 13 provinces grouped as a dark red zone with travelling beyond this zone not permitted. Public transport to other areas of the country from this zone has been reduced by 50 percent.
CCSA has also added over 12-week pregnant women to the list of those to be first vaccinated joining the elderly and those suffering from seven chronic diseases who already have priority.
Top: Dr. Apisamai briefing the press today. Photo: Siam Rath
Home Page: Satorn road during coronavirus curfew last year. Photo: Maythee Anegboonlap (CC BY-SA 2.0)