THE Public Health Ministry said at 1 p.m. today (Feb. 13) that Samut Sakhon province continues to make progress with the total number of Covid-19 cases in the past day dropping by half to 53 but there is a jump in Tak province to 52 while seven more people contracted this feared disease in Bangkok, Siam Rath newspaper said.
The data released by the ministry’s Disease Control Department revealed the Covid count from Dec. 18, 2020 till today in six provinces as follows:
1. Samut Sakhon, 53 new cases taking the provincial total to 15,624 (a big drop from 95 yesterday);
2. Bangkok, seven new cases taking the total to 912;
8. Pathumthani, one new case raising the total to 148;
9. Tak, 52 new infections pushing the total to 129;
12. Samut Songkhram, one new patient adding up to 69;
13. Petchaburi, two new cases with the total now being 46.
Meanwhile The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said this morning that the daily Covid count is 126, with 116 being domestic while ten foreign arrivals have been quarantined.
Proactive screening found another 79 cases taking the total that emerged through searching this way to 13,833 out of an overall cumulative tally of 24,405. Meanwhile 37 patients emerged through surveillance and service systems and having visited risky locations.
There were no additional deaths with the toll remaining at 80. Another 970 patients have been cured, taking the total to 21,180 who have been discharged from hospital, while 3,145 are still undergoing treatment.
From Dec. 15, 2020 till today there are 20,168 cumulative confirmed cases with 17,003 having recovered and 3,145 cases still undergoing treatment. Death toll during this period is 20.
Top: Coronavirus scrabble. Photo: House Buy Fast (CC BY 2.0)
Home Page: Coronavirus. Photo: Iforce